Diode pad names?

I am in the process of migrating my personal footprint an schematic part libraries to
using A and C for pad/pin names.

Away from 1 and 2.

Other than the fact that I now have the burden of maintaining every footprint and
schematic part object myself relating to all things diode, from now to eternity, is this a
bad idea?

It's now impossible for the zenor, tvs, diode, or whatever to get placed on the board
incorrectly with this, is my thinking. (Assumes the footprint silkscreen is idiot proof
with clear Cathode demarcation.)

Note also, that I frequently use the Eagle footprints to good effect, but I typically
clone anything I'm using into my own libraries, with possible minor mods.

Dick

Follow ups