Re: kiCad install script for linux fails

On 04/11/2014 06:34 AM, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:
> Hi,
> the current install script for linux fails at step:
>
> step 5) checking out the documentation from launchpad repo...
> bzr: ERROR: No such file:
> 'http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-developers/kicad/doc/.bzr/repository/pack-names'
>

> Anybody knows why? maybe some file name with non ASCII characters?

~/kicad_sources$ rm -rf kicad-doc.bzr/

~/kicad_sources$ /svn/kicad/product/scripts/kicad-install.sh --install-or-update

We switched to https protocol recently, because this allows a checkout without having a
launchpad.net account.  It's possible that a repo previously checked out with a different
protocol than https, must be fully replaced in order to use https subsequently.

I don't know.

I just know it works for me fine if the kicad-doc.bzr directory is missing, thus causing a
fully new checkout.

Until you've tried that and it fails, this is not a bug.