Re: TRACK/SEGVIA cleanup patch

On 4/18/2014 1:18 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> Does the class cleanup I talked about a while ago. Everything seems to work but
> further testing is welcome, especially for the autoplacer/router which
> I don't actually use.
>
> If everything is OK I'd commit it in a few days.
>
> Notes:
> - The idea is that via type and drill don't belong to the TRACK ancestor
>   (and, by extension, to the SEGZONE sister);
> - The kind of via (through, blind/buried, micro) is now called ViaType
>   (enum VIATYPE_T, instead of a plain int); the previous 'Shape' was
>   probably from some ancient relationship with DRAWSEGMENT
> - The TraceSegmentPcb was overloaded for taking DRAWSEGMENT; it removes
>   the ugly dummy trace object used for passing parameters to it. Using
>   m_Param for transporting the arc angle was, well, strange:P
>
> I found a strange thing in graphpcb.cpp, probably a former special case
> for vertical/horizontal lines; grep for F4EXB 051018-01 in it (no idea
> of what it would mean...some kind of ticket reference?)
>
> Good work to everyone

Lorenzo,

I have a few comments on your patch.

1) You have quite a bit of trailing white space after comments that have
been broken into multiple lines and function parameter lists that are on
multiple lines.

2) I would not be offended if you renamed SEGVIA to VIA.  I know what a
segment is and I know what a via is but I'm not sure about a segvia.

3) Make sure you test the legacy zone filling (zone fills with segments
instead of polygons) if you haven't already.  I don't have any boards
with the old zone filling any more but maybe JP does.

All in all, it looks pretty good.  It will have to be thoroughly tested
before you commit it just in case there are any corner cases.  Thank you
for the improvements.