Re: Doubts about the track list structure and the collinear cleanup code

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 08:38:14AM -0400, Andrew Zonenberg wrote:
> Maybe this is related to the bug that causes two collinear tracks to not
> show up as one for the purpose of measuring track length?

Possibly, if that GetTrack function is involved. However most of the code
I talked about is in the track cleanup routine.

I actually didn't heard of or notice this bug, but I read the call to
the measurement just a few hours ago:P

If what you are talking about is the length shown in the bottom panel,
then the calculation is done by BOARD::MarkTrace (just below GetTrace)
and with BOARD::chainMarkedSegments uses extensively the GetTrack family
of functions. However, while quite commented, more than 300 lines in
only two functions are difficult for 'spotting' something similar
without a through analysis:P

If someone else is already checking that problem this could be a lead,
however.

I'm surprised on how pcbnew do practically everything just comparing the
ends of the tracks (again and again) without ever building or maintaining
the obviously resulting graph structure.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl