Re: [Kicad-lib-committers] Issues with BZR4854 for OS X

Le 07/05/2014 05:07, Jean-Paul Louis a écrit :
> Hi Marco,
>
> I just finished building BZR4854 according to your instructions, and
> still kicad does not work properly on OSX.
>
> See screen capture below.
> I remember exchanging emails with Dick in this mailing list, and there was a fix for that, but it was never applied to the source code for OS X on the repository.
>
> The behavior of the kicad buttons is still not consistent. the first three (3) using kiface symlink are working fine, but the other four (4) are not.
> So we have three separate behaviors.
> Buttons 1, 2 and 3 are fine (thanks to symlink).
> Buttons 4, 5 and 6 start the application minimized, so we need to go to the dock, and click on the icon to open the app window.
> Button 7 does not work as the app (pl_editor) open and close immediately.
>
> Please see Dick for his insights on how to fix it. He was very helpful to me when you were not responding to the issues. I will be back home after May 12th, so I will have more time to give you feedback inn the new builds.
>
> Last, I am not sure how to install properly the libraries. Is there a script that will work for OS X? Something that I could add to my script (Bash script BuildKicad-OSX) attached to have everything at once.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Jean-Paul
> AC9GH

I do not know anything to OSX, but it is for me an unix system.

Therefore I am thinking your script is missing something. in section:
echo Fixing kicad.app issue with three symlinks to kiface for eeschema,
cvpcb and pcbnew
cd ${INSTALL_DIR}/kicad.app/Contents/MacOS/
ln -s
~/Soft_Dev/kicad-build/eeschema/eeschema.app/Contents/MacOS/_eeschema.kiface
.
ln -s ~/Soft_Dev/kicad-build/cvpcb/cvpcb.app/Contents/MacOS/_cvpcb.kiface .
ln -s
~/Soft_Dev/kicad-build/pcbnew/pcbnew.app/Contents/MacOS/_pcbnew.kiface .

Symbolic links are made for eeschema, cvpcb and pcbnew only.
They are missing for gerbview, pcb_calculator and pl_editor.
This is strange for me.

You should have 6 symlinks, not 3.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS