Ubuntu Lucid 64-bit Build

I'm trying to build kicad on Ubuntu Lucid 64-bit.
I've tried both a pre-kiway build and a few more recent ones.
I think that because Lucid is no longer supported, I had to compile cmake 2.8.11.2, and wxWidgets 2.8.

Every build segfaults on startup. I suspect this is because I'm trying to build 64-bit, or it may have to do with kiway-specific implementation (just a guess).
If this is an incorrect suspicion, please let me know.

I would like to help by providing information, first, and then if we can figure out together how I can create a successful 64-bit build for Ubuntu, then I would be interested in allowing one of my machines to periodically build kicad and upload it. I know that users are desperate for recent working builds. I would like to provide them in this way if possible. I would like to give back to a great software project.

Cheers,
Jacob Schmidt

Follow ups