PPA help: Write bzr-dch

Hi folks,

People keep asking about how to help with packaging.

One of the remaining tasks for the Debian and Ubuntu PPAs for KiCad that
needs to be done is a tool that will update the debian changelog file based
on the bzr commit log.

These tools exist for svn and git, but the bzr one just adds

 * Changes

or something equivalent to the Debian changelog.

This tool should be written in bash or Python, and should use the bzr log
command to extract the log entries, and reformat them and plug them into
the dch command.

For the bzr-dch tool, it would be ideal if I could tell the tool which
revision to start from.

For example bzr-dch-helper -r3999 would add all the changes from r3999 to
current from bzr to the debian changelog in one entry.

It would also be nice if it only added the first line.

I have asked this task of a few people who have contacted me privately
about helping with the PPAs, but I have not gotten any response.

If someone steps up and wants to do this, I have other tasks I can document
as well.

Thanks everyone!  I'm really digging the new features!

Adam Wolf
Wayne and Layne, LLC

Follow ups