.POS export file format

Hi everyone,

I am playing with openPNP which is free pick-and-place software, and i am going to create some free software and free hardware designs to make homebrew pick and place easy (with a 3d printer as a base)

one of the volunteers of openPNP made an importer for kicad .POS files in 2011 but it seems that the .POS export function has changed since then.

can you help me find out when the change happened, and can we make sure it doesn't change again in a way that removes the present functionality?

ideally there will be room for multiple export formats, perhaps including the original format, but at least we should guarantee that the present format will not be removed. Only added to.

the same goes for the .RPT report file. It's quite useful, and it is used by rpt2paste which was used to make this:

http://hackaday.com/2014/04/02/dispensing-solder-paste-with-a-3d-printer/

so perhaps there should be comments in the code reminding people to add functionality, but not remove functions/formats that are already there.

thank you
-jake