C++11 support

I'm trying to rework the LAYER_MSK for extension. Part of the experiment
would be some sane support for literals. So I wanted to play with
constexpr and family (layer mask aside, it's an interesting feature).

However, the g++ docs (4.8.2) says:

    Important: GCC's support for C++11 is still experimental. Some features
    were implemented based on early proposals, and no attempt will be made
    to maintain backward compatibility when they are updated to match the
    final C++11 standard.

This doesn't sound reassuring to me. Also I fear the C++11 mode is
incompatible with the current one (it already happened before...); in
fact they suggest to use --pedantic to have all the 'require' warnings!
I also fear about ABI changes...

Do you have any experience/recommendations about it? for now I'll trying
to do with whatever C++99 (AFAIK that's the default level) offers;

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl