Re: Requesting your co-operation for new version of Oscad, a free and open source EDA tool

[giving in to top posting :)]

Hello Oscad Team,

I think it would make sense for us -- and whoever else wants to join
-- to work together on the preparation of a blueprint encompassing all
actions required to make simulation work nicely in KiCad. This would
probably include changes/extensions in file formats and in-depth
discussion about UI aspects among others. If you do all coding without
a preliminary green light from the project leader you expose
yourselves to a bigger probability of having your code rejected, and
you also deprive yourselves from the possibility of getting good
feedback during the brainstorming process. For example, off the top of
my head: QUCS seems to have support for simulating SPICE netlists in
their roadmap (or maybe done already, I don't know). QUCS can also
simulate S-Parameter models. What would be the added value of
supporting ngspice? It's just an example question. I have not given it
much thought myself. Regarding attribution, the standard way is to
include a copyright statement in the header of each one of your files.
If you look at the KiCad sources, you will see many. I guess this
should be enough for funding agencies to appreciate the extent of your
work.

Cheers,

Javier