Re: News about python project manager

On 05/14/2014 07:33 AM, Jean-Samuel Reynaud wrote:

>> Same as before.  I don't like a tree view.
> Have you any suggestion ? Any example (other application) ?

Here's approximately what I intend to do.  If you can pave the way that would be great.
Realize that it is milestone C) for a reason, and that is because it is out there yet, and
not the recipient of my full attention up to this point in time.  Brain cycles are still
needed, that requires time for refinements.  But initial ideas are:

See attached bitmap.  Replicate this row-wise for each open project.  (See wx code in my
LAYER_WIDGET for ideas.)  Put a little space around each icon for a loud and proud border.
 If the KIWAY_PLAYER represented by any icon is open, then indicate this with a *very*
loud border change.

Off to the right side, in the grey area, add two text columns.  First column is the
basename of the project, second column is that project's directory path.  This puts the
variable length stuff off to the right so the grid can be concise and tight on the left.
Allow shrinking this whole top wxFrame thing down pretty tight, and clipping the right
side of the grid or hiding it if necessary to shrink that small.

Add an additional row button for each project's "misc. other project specific stuff".
That button can be very different.  I might use a compass icon to indicate navigation.  Or
a fat arrow.  This is TBD, but things like PDF viewing, this where you can pop up your
tree if that's helpful to access things in the project directory.

You will need something outside the grid to create, open, etc. projects, this should be
small and tidy, a button would do which vectors perhaps to a wizard.

A busy worker will have a number of projects open.  The grid icons are also a "raise to
top" purpose when that component is open, and this when they have the modified, super
obvious border change, which should be loud and proud!

Rock' n Roll baby!