Re: [Kicad-lib-committers] Silk screens over pads and naming

On 13/06/14 19:36, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 06:46:37PM +0100, John Beard wrote:
>> The silk screen is put so it can be seen after soldering. The ASCII art
>> arrow is an assembly layer feature, modelled after the IPC standard.
>
> Sorry my fault. I was thinking was a fancy silk. IPC assemblies are
> simply notched rectangles usually.

So a rectangle that covers the whole device with a missing corner? And
no indication for the wings or pin exit side? Like the attached PNG?

My only concern is that doesn't really look like the component,
especially when it comes to the pin-1 feature, which is more easily
visually registered by the pin exit side rather than the microscopic "1"
moulded into the case. Would that make it harder to interpret the
assembly drawing?

John