Re: Build 4955 - Failed to load shared library

On 06/27/2014 12:01 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I should first say, this is not typical of Winbuilder. Both pcbnew and
> cvpcb work fine for me on a fresh Windows 7 install using the github
> fp-lib-table. So there's clearly something different about your setup.
>
> Process monitor is (from sysinternals) is excellent at tracking
> dependency loading, so if you want to track what's getting loaded from
> where, that's the best tool for the job. If you use dependency walker
> make sure you run it from the console provided by enterenv.bat so that
> PATH is set the same as when kicad is run.

Brian, thanks for your involvement.  I am now bowing out.  I just wanted us to remember
that it loads and runs fine under pcbnew.exe, and not kicad.exe.

Your comment about setting the environment differently probably pertains to the difference
in loading results also.  Perhaps there's a difference in how the environment is setup for
the specific process.

Remember that the environment when the process runs, is what's critical.  A batch file can
add or remove settings to the environment that it starts with, before the process runs.
So simply getting a snapshot from the registry is not necessarily sufficient to describe
the runtime environment variable values that any particular process sees.

Environment varialbe "PATH" is still my biggest suspicion, in concert with a difference in
launching methodology.

Out,

Dick