Re: What is the new 'margin' layer?

Le 02/07/2014 14:10, Lorenzo Marcantonio a écrit :
> At least I got pcbnew compiled :P luckily the new design wasn't too much
> incompatible with mine so probably I'll fix my old files with some
> search and replace...
>
> What is for this new layer I see? the tooltip says "board's edge setback
> outline"... is that a kind of new technical layer for drc or what?

This is a keep out layer.
Currently an user can place keepout areas only on a given copper layer.

Margin layer is a global keep out which will accept zones and lines (but
no text).
The first use is to define keep out areas near board outline.
the keep out can differ from board outline, mainly for edge board
connectors.

> Also I have seen that the new layer pairs CrtYd (courtyard, I presume...) and
> Fab (fabrication? the assembly layer?) are marked as 'footprint only' in
> the include (there are no checkboxes in the layer bar either for them).

Yes.
courtyard ( and partially fab layers ) is mainly for footprints.
This is the main reason of the comment.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS