Re: wxWidgets 3.0

Brian,

     I "closed" my other thread where I was having problems with SCRIPTING
ON.  Unfortunately, I do not have clear direction for what was the "real"
issue - but I can say it would be nice to have a parameters to pass to
make.bat to allow for a "make clean" in case that was the issue.  I doubt
it because I did get the same (errant) behavior when I tried building fresh
on a new server from scratch.    Of course, running a clean make is not a
big deal outside of winbuilder -- but it may be good to support a feature
or two from the command-line.

     Regarding the toolchain swap -- I knew what I was doing was suspect
because there must be some wisdom in the choice of toolchain used and why
it's a few revs old vs. the "bleeding edge".  I did find this out and had -
a few days ago - backed out my toolchain swap (dlg) to the original
(winbuilder).  One example issue with the dlg is lack of OMP.  So even
though I worked around this in ratsnest - the link problems I was having
(mostly wxpython related -- even with the original winbuilder wxpython)
showed me I should just keep the lid on the toolchain and revert back to
winbuilder native.

     Since my original scripting "shared library" issue went away -- my
motivation for upgrading wxpython also went away -- so I've reverted back
to the winbuilder native version of wxpython.  I figured you would be more
successful than I would be coming in green -- and can wait for the
"official" release.  I do still have my changes in my personal build to the
pointers for w64 compatibility.

      My remaining top-line issue is a crash with pcbnew on exit.   It's
not altogether clear what the source of this is -- and I haven't socialized
it enough to determine what category it fits into.  The second line issue I
am having is the same build that works under Win7 (copy of the binaries,
RunKicad, etc) does not work on the machine I am compiling on (Win 2k8).

      Thanks for the pointers/tips/error reporting workflow.  I'm ramping
up.

Regards,
Jason

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Brian Sidebotham <brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx