Re: wxWidgets 3.0

Thanks for the release information Dick, we'll look to include that in
Winbuilder as soon as possible. At the moment the version used is a
patched v3.0.0, not a vanilla version. Therefore some vital fixes for
KiCad were already included. It will be good to upgrade to get the bug
fixes though.

Jason,

Changing everything is likely just going to get you in more of a mess
tbh, The toolchain included with Winbuilder is a mingw-w64 version
from the mingw-builds project. It's a SJLJ version, be very careful
using a different compiler with the other winbuilder dependencies.
There's been some nasty bugs seen before when mixing toolchains.

Everything in Winbuilder works, but it would seem in your instance the
environment is different when running KiCad. You *must* run KiCad from
the RunKiCad.bat start script included in winbuilder because that sets
up the environemt. It's meant to be an isolated environment so that no
install is required, but it looks like there's something that isn't
isolated in your case.

I would recommend taking the following steps:

(1) File a full bug report on Launchpad for KiCad-Winbuilder ( I think
this is definitely a Winbuilder bug, not KiCad )
(2) Build from a fresh download of KiCad-Winbuilder-3.4-2 on a local
drive ( non-removable media )
(3) Attached the build logs from that build to the bug you reported on
Launchpad.
(4) If you can, get process monitor (
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx ), start
it and add a filter to only include items from a process called
pcbnew.exe and then start PCBNEW from the KiCad program manager and
report all entries in process monitor. This way we'll see the exact
paths that the dynamic loader is trying to load _pcbnew.kiface from
and also what dependencies that loads and where from too.

Reporting the bug generally gets other people's input too because
there's always more than one person suffering from the same problem.
However, so far I've not seen anyone else experiencing this bug.

Best Regards,

Brian.