Re: Last layers for UIs

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 02:28:14PM +0200, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Nice, it seems that one can now use the scroll whell to scroll the
> lists. This fixes a bug AFIR. But between revision 4969 and 4970 (your
> commit) kicad segfaults when I start pcbnew from the kicad app. I can
> start pcbnew standalone no problem.

I'm really surprised... the diff is *really* small, in practice about 10 lines.
How could that happen?

Could be that due some strange timing issue the UpdateLayouts member is
called when something is not yet created?

If you can't do a stacktrace try to comment the added lines in this way:

(pcbnew/layer_widget.cpp)

void LAYER_WIDGET::UpdateLayouts()
{
    m_LayersFlexGridSizer->Layout();
    m_RenderFlexGridSizer->Layout();
    //m_LayerPanel->Layout();      << THIS
    //m_RenderingPanel->Layout();  << AND THIS
    FitInside();
}

also details on you wx version could be useful, it's not the first time we hit
2.8 vs 3.0 inner behaviour differences

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl