Re: Last layers for UIs

It would be nice if PCB_LAYER_WIDGET would change architecture to satisfy:

    a. Better reusability in the global context (used by the 3D viewer, or
any other non-PCBnew "module")
    b. More straight-forward methods of initialization / use -- would
enhance maintainability
    c. Perhaps also [to easily] re-use the layer widget to expand
functionality (add column(s) to the matrix -- currently layer color is one
"column" and layer on/off is another "column" - with rows as layer.  Could
add a column for vias on/off per layer, fills on/off per layer, etc).  From
a GUI perspective, the color+on/off would be the default and some
double-click or other action to expect to get to the 3rd+ column(s).  Doing
it this way would be a unified method although one could take the
PADs/Allegro/etc. method and have yet another dialog for this.

    I'm not through my 1st week's orientation with the code to effectively
accomplish these goals anytime in the near-term.   However, some of this
work is in my sights to accomplish "a." for the 3D viewer.

Regards,
Jason