Re: Footprints: *.cmp and *.net stored footprints are not symetric

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 05:22:20PM +0200, Michael Heidinger wrote:
> Sure that is a solution for me, but not a solution for a production
> software.
> (Other users will be confused, that's why I report that bug)

It's a veeeery old issue, that of the cmp file... but at least now there
is not anymore a separate backannotation file to handle, we're
progressing!

I think the solution would be to get rid of the cmp file altogether and
only use the netlist as a communication point. Alas I have no idea of
the feasibility to apply the netlist reader and writer outside their
current environment (cvpcb would have to read the netlist and write it
back with the new footprints; after this eeschema would have to
read it back to do backannotation). That would also remove the need for
the 'use netlist or cmp for footprint' option in pcbnew.

Conceptually it's easy but implementation could be tricky...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl