Re: Module editor branch merged

On 07/16/2014 10:08 AM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
Hi Nick,

In my opinion drawing on copper layers with drawing tools instead of laying
out tracks should not be allowed unless it is supported by the DRC
algorithm.

Sure, the DRC should handle it, but refresh my memory -- as far as I
remember there was some talk about including tracks in footprints. I
don't remember the outcome of that or it it is allow or not.

For the time being tracks are not supported by the module editor. The reason is the same as - it would have to be handled by all algorithms use tracks as input data (DRC, ratsnest, just to give an example). It could be relatively easy to implement using iterators that go through the list of tracks that belong to a board and then do the same for all tracks that are stored in modules placed on the same board. It is just an idea that may need some further consideration - I do not volunteer to code it now.

Regards,
Orson

6. no new update yet

Fix pushed to the product branch.