3D modules path strange behaviour

Hi

I just installed the latest bzr with the install script on my ubuntu system.

I see that some new 3D modules comes along with the fresh install. Great.
But lots of them are not displayed in the 3D view.
I tried with an older version, to see if it was due to the recent changes in 3D view, but no luck.

I checked the wrml files with view3dscene, they opens ok.

investigating a little more, it turns out that the exact same file, e.g.

/usr/local/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/conn_DBxx/db9_female.wrl

displays ok, but when selecting the same file, but in that directory :

/usr/local/share/kicad/modules/packages3d/Conn_DBxx/db9_female.wrl

It does not show up anymore.

So the problem seems to be only with directories beginning with an uppercase letter.
Uppercase letters in filenames don't seems to cause problems.

I copied the files I need to a new directory in my project folder. And now, they works ok only if I select them using full path. When I answer "OK" to the dialog box that asks "Use relative path ?" they do not show up anymore. I thought I need to change "default path $KSYS3DMOD" in the selection dialog to point to my new directory, but that line is not editable.

One interesting thing is the local directory can be uppercase, this time it is not a problem.

regards,
yann

Follow ups