Hello and helping out

Hello!

First of all thank you to everyone who has contributed to getting KiCad to where it is now. I've made several boards with it and hope to make many more. I'm a recent EE/CS graduate with experience working on medium sized C++ projects, mostly in Linux.

I'd like to give back to the project and the areas I think I can help with are:

 * Reviewing the open bugs and trying to link duplicates, recreate new ones, and test if old bugs have been fixed but not closed.
For instance https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/593782 has been in progress for 3 years and appears to be a Will Not Fix.

Is there a specific person who "owns" triage and bugs or is it open and I should proceed using my best judgement?

 * Reviewing and improving the main website
For instance KiCad appears to no longer have a presence on Sourceforge, so the News, Press, and Sourceforge links are dead on the homepage. (http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/KICAD/KiCad+EDA+Software+Suite) There also are pages which could be improved both in content and organization I believe.

Who should I talk with about this?

 * Updating the binary distribution of KiCad for Windows
The version linked to from the homepage is from over a year ago. If this is the current Stable version, it seems like that should be explicitly stated and links to that version for the other OSes provided. I'd like to work with Brian Sidebotham or others from the winbuilder project to supply more recent binaries under the unstable/development label.

The existence of a stable version or a release schedule is something I wanted to ask about. I searched the website and developers list archive but didn't see any references to either. This is the area I'm most uncertain about as I don't have a full grasp on the project status and roadmap.

Thanks ahead of time for your replies. I hope I can help out and get to know some of you.

Cheers,
Derek

Follow ups