Re: eeschema modular kicad work

>> Patch solved the issue, seemed to work like a charm... But induced another issue. Step to
>> reproduce :
>>
>> 1 - open kicad, then open eeschema and pcbnew
>> 2 - in pcbnew, open the module properties dialog on any part you want.
>> properties dialog, on the same part or another one (doesn't matters).
>> pcbnew is frozen and also can't be closed in any normal way.
>> eeschema still works, you can close the dialog and use it normally. Kicad main window
>> works also.
>> Eeschema can be closed normally, kicad main window also, but when closing main window,
>> pcbnew window closes too, but the kicad process is still there and you need to kill it.
>>
>> I thought I will modify eeschema in the same way to test if it does something else, and so
>> I noticed the eeschema component properties dialog was alredy a QuasiModal one.
>>
>> And obviously the same test starting with eeschema instead of pcbnew leads to to opposite
>> result : eeschema stuck, pcbnew working.
>> And again, the need to kill kicad process after closing the main window.
>

> Excellent job testing, yann.
>
> This will take some time to look into and I started last night.
>
> Achieving platform independent and wx version independent results looks very difficult at
> this point.

Yann,

This is now fixed to the best degree I know how in 5089.  But you need to use wx3.x for it
to work.

It it not perfect, but quasimodal is a graft on top of the wx API, and without going to
the platform API for further experimentation, we're limited.  Still way ahead of where we
started I would say.

It's good enough for me, anyways.

Dick