Re: eeschema modular kicad work

Le 18/08/2014 01:04, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
Patch solved the issue, seemed to work like a charm... But induced another issue. Step to
reproduce :

1 - open kicad, then open eeschema and pcbnew
2 - in pcbnew, open the module properties dialog on any part you want.
properties dialog, on the same part or another one (doesn't matters).
pcbnew is frozen and also can't be closed in any normal way.
eeschema still works, you can close the dialog and use it normally. Kicad main window
works also.
Eeschema can be closed normally, kicad main window also, but when closing main window,
pcbnew window closes too, but the kicad process is still there and you need to kill it.

I thought I will modify eeschema in the same way to test if it does something else, and so
I noticed the eeschema component properties dialog was alredy a QuasiModal one.

And obviously the same test starting with eeschema instead of pcbnew leads to to opposite
result : eeschema stuck, pcbnew working.
And again, the need to kill kicad process after closing the main window.

Excellent job testing, yann.

This will take some time to look into and I started last night.

Achieving platform independent and wx version independent results looks very difficult at
this point.

Yann,

This is now fixed to the best degree I know how in 5089.  But you need to use wx3.x for it
to work.

It it not perfect, but quasimodal is a graft on top of the wx API, and without going to
the platform API for further experimentation, we're limited.  Still way ahead of where we
started I would say.

It's good enough for me, anyways.

Dick

Good news !

thanks Dick !

but where is that 5089 version ? I just ran the install script and it updated to 5081. May be it was 5079 ?