Re: Eeschema issue: cannot load component from multi libraries with same component name

On 08/19/2014 07:33 AM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

>>> I think the sort() call has to go, so I now think you discovered something.
>>>
>>> Should have a fix in minutes.
>>>
>>> When the foundations get simpler, so do the algorithms.
>>>

>>> Dick
>>

>> This one simplifies everything by removing the sort() and the sortOrder support.   The
>> library list is loaded in the proper order, I know of no reason to sort it.
>>
>> Guys please try this one instead of other, and comment.
>>
>> It is even simpler yet, and gets rid of the sort-order global which *would not fly* in a
>> multiple project situation.
>>

>> Dick
>>

> Dick,
>
> That fixed it.  Thanks again for the quick response.
>
> Wayne

I committed that.

There is still a design flaw in the part picker.

It does not consider the current nature of how parts are actually chosen by eeschema.

If I have part 'R' in mylib, and it is also in library devices, it shows me devices as my
top and only candidate as I type in 'R'.