Re: New Project Leader

On 8/26/2014 12:44 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> [...]
>> my vision that motivated him to do an unspeakable volunteer effort from which hundreds of
>> KiCad users benefit.  While I thank him for his confidence in that vision of mine, you all
>> should thank him for his actual time and leadership in making KiCad on Windows worth
>> using.  His efforts in promoting CMake as a build engine warrant industry and world-wide
>> acclaim and he is due a bonus from Kitware.
>>

>> I want to acknowledge and thank Fabrizio Tappero, who's graphics/icons, and user manual
>> efforts should go down as some of the most important contributions in KiCad's history.
>>

>> I want to acknowledge and thank Carl Poirier who is overseeing what is quickly becoming a
>> world-wide resource.  At my egging, he stepped up and is now overseeing what is becoming
>> something truly exceptional along with the efforts of generous contributors.  I wish him
>> the best, I encourage him to be a leader and encourager among reluctant volunteers. I am
>> proud to have been an inspiration in something that he can proudly put on his resume some day.
>>

>> I want to thank Javier Serano, whose confidence in our project direction and leadership
>> inspired him to join and bring in some additional world class talent and team players, Tom
>> and Orson, as well as KiCad team leadership and seasoned experience.
>>

>> Lastly I want to thank Jean-Pierre for his friendship, for his faith and confidence in my
>> sometimes loud and brash leadership.  But were it not for his stabilizing influence in all
>> things KiCad, we'd all be making less PCB boards, or doing them more expensively.
>>

>> Please take care of my good friend Wayne Stambaugh.  I have prayed with Wayne, I know his
>> son.  You could not have a better man at the helm.
>>

>> Appreciation goes a long way towards keeping this project healthy, and for it to be
>> healthy you need a class act at the top, you have one in Wayne.
>>

>> Dick
>>

>> P.S.
>>
>> *) The project has SoftPLC Corporation's permission to re-license its copyrights under GPL3.
>>
>> *) When somebody other than superman Jean-Pierre surpasses this number of commits:
>>    $ bzr log | grep 'dickelbeck\|Hollenbeck' | wc -l
>> send me a personal note and I'll send him a congratulatory memo.  :)
>>
>> *) It would be nice if the kicad-pcb.org website listed SoftPLC Corporation as a
>> historically significant corporate sponsor.
>>

>> Out.
>>

> Hi Dick,
>
> Sorry for the late reply!
>
> I'm so sorry to see your time with KiCad come to an end - you've done
> great things with it and should feel extremely proud; As should
> SoftPLC as a corporate sponsor. I will be sure to update
> http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/KICAD/About+KiCad to include all of
> the lead developers actually and add the SoftPLC corporate sponsor for
> you - it's more than well deserved! Jean-Pierre's university should be

Thanks Brian for taking care of this.  This was on my short list of
things to get done as one of my first official duties as project leader.

> Clearly without your dedication and prolific commits we would be
> nowhere near where we are now. Thank-you so much for your continued
> effort throughout the years! You'll be sorely missed. I only wish I
> could have met you in Grenoble.
>
> Good Luck with whatever you find yourself doing next, and I really
> hope you find both the satisfaction and gratitude you deserve from it.
> Thank-you for your kind words, they're humbling. I'm eternally
> grateful, and thank-you for your dedicated work on KiCad,
> Python-a-mingw-us and all of the support you gave in getting KiCad to
> where it is today, it's a stunning achievement.
>
> Wayne,
>
> Congratulations and well done - I'm sure everyone feels a steady hand
> at the tiller. I think all the developers know the extensive work
> you've also been doing in re-factoring and untangling the codebase
> over the years and all developers will be extremely thankful of that!
>
> Please know that I'm here to help (as and when our baby allows at the
> moment anyway!). My current work is just keeping Winbuilder ticking
> over, and also implementing a more advanced Template Field Names
> editor in the EESCHEMA options dialog - which is taking ages, but
> should be ready soon.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Brian.

Thank you everyone for well wishes.  Hopefully you wont be cussing me
out in six months time. :)  I will be making some announcements and help
requests over the next couple of months as I settle into my new roll.  I
will do my best to keep the ship pointed in the right direction and keep
the development of KiCad humming along.  I want to extend a personal
thanks to each and every one of you for your contributions to KiCad.
Without your help, we would not be in the great position that we are in
today.

Thanks,