Re: kicad-pcb.org

On 30 August 2014 23:13, Cirilo Bernardo <cirilo_bernardo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

This is what I wrote about SoftPLC's involvement in KiCad essentially
as a placeholder; It's up to Dick what goes in this section and I
contacted him directly to read and send me any amendments he would
like to make. So we don't need anyone else, because Dick is the one
who can complete this section the best.

Jean-Pierre has cleared up and amended his sponsor section for me.

> It would also be good to get permission to use logos from the corporate
> supporters to put up on the 'about' page as well as the main page; we have
> to be careful about the use of logos and make sure we have appropriate
> permission to use them where we do. Perhaps the logo negotiations can
> extend to use in the preface of the documentation as well.
> Other companies may be more comfortable with testing KiCad for their use
> if they know that other companies use it successfully and contribute to
> its development.

It sounds like Wayne is keen to do a more complete page on Corporate
sponsor page on the site.

In my opinion logos should be left out - they are only something that
will bit rot as companies change their logos; It's easier to just link
to the corporate website and then there's nothing we need to maintain.

Best Regards,

Brian.