Re: Fwd: Re: Config file relocation

> On 08/31/2014 11:07 AM, jp charras wrote:
>>
>> Le 31/08/2014 13:59, Moses McKnight a écrit :

I see no reason to keep the dot when moved to .config/kicad . I know
that you are not really supposed to edit .eeschema by had normally.
But I see no reason hiding it.

I am still not very keen on copying the files, that could lead to
confusion, because then you will have two configs, where the new copy
is the only one read by kicad. But the user still has the old config
in its usual place. Moving might be better. But the user shall be
informed when this happens, such that he do not think it has
dissapeared magically or erroneously. (I have yet to try the patch)

A transition period could be ok, but I am reluctant to move the stuff,
because it breaks the compatibility with previous versions. Which is
not so nice if you try to locate a bug that has recently creeped in.
So I think kicad should search the old paths.

Nick