Re: Edge.Cuts layer in the module editor

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 03:06:25PM -0700, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> I have suggested a solution for this before, but my proposal does break
> previous behavior and will require changes in many parts of the source.

How could break previous behaviour when previous behaviour is not
present? *Converting* to the new format however could be tricky.

However that's a pretty radical shift, change are quite extensive...

Things needed for that:
- Zone/polygon support in modules - useful for many other things, too,
  especially if there will be support for copper keepouts

- Changing the representation of the board outline from a bag of
  entities to a zone

- The new cutout layer - handling collecting and subtracting the cutouts
  to generate the 'effective' board zone

- Handling arcs in zones (ouch:D)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio