Newcomer

Hello everyone,

First of all I really want to thank you all for the great improvements
KiCad had recently. The last time I tried to use it (about a year ago) I
made the decision to return to Altium because of the lake of important
features.

Now that CERN is also on board, switching to KiCad, helping and following
the development sounds really exciting :}

A bit about me: I live in Strasbourg and I work for the Strasbourg
University in Cronenbourg as an electronic technician since one week.
Before that I was one of the head hardware designer of Ideovitra, and I
worked on the sensybee products for two years.

My competences are quite wide: schematic capture and routing, board
prototyping and repairing, python, LabView and C++... I haven't done a lot
of code for computers, as I mostly make program for microcontrollers.

I would be really glade to participate in the development of KiCad. I used
Altium a lot and at the moment it is still my favorite EDA, but Altium is
far from perfect. For example, the library management is very daunting, and
of course, it's not free and opensource.

These next days, I will think about a project I could realize with KiCad to
take it on hand and dig into while keeping notes about what could be
improved, and/or bugs.

Also, if help is needed somewhere else, just tell me what I can do I will
help, for sure.

Cheers,
Benoît

Follow ups