Re: PATCH: Footprint wizard helpers

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Vesa Solonen wrote:

> 11/09/14, 23:32, John Beard kirjoitti:
>
> > I also attach a follow-up patch (fpw-tests.diff) containing a really
> > basic test harness to run though a few footprints with pre-defined
> > parameters, save them to a PCB board and also optionally "rip" the
> > modules out to a .pretty directory. I use something like this to
> > generate whole .pretties programmatically.
>
> For generating .pretties, the following source might be interesting:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~oyvind-aabling/kicad-newlib/mod/files
>
> Everything (including 3D-models) is generated from dimension files like
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~oyvind-aabling/kicad-newlib/mod/view/head:/modules/oaa_DIP.dim
>
> Tools to modify these to .pretty and adding additional manufacturing
> layers would be great.

I've been wanting to do that for a long time, but really
haven't had the energy to do it, for various reasons.

But, I expect to be able to do a bit of work on the kicad libs soon ...

Converting the modules to pretty format shouldn't be too hard.

Everything is first generated in memory as perl datastructures,
with only a few details depending on the old format.
This is e.g. the strings for the Li, Cd and Kw fields, and
the funny numbers and flags for layer masks, pad types, etc..

The code is highly modularized, so only a small portion of
it needs to be changed to generate the new output format :-)

> -Vesa

Øyvind.

* Øyvind Aabling    Email: Oyvind.Aabling@ DeIC.dk / i2.dk /~\ The ASCII *
* DeIC / i2         Phone: +45 35 88 82 00                 \ / Ribbon    *
* DTU Building 304  Phone: +45 35 88 82 15 (direct)         X  Campaign  *
* DK-2800 Lyngby    Fax  : +45 35 88 82 01                 / \ Against   *
* Denmark        http://www.deic.dk/  http://www.i2.dk/    HTML Email!   *