Re: Project proposal

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 02:47:02PM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> Since Javier sort of let the cat out of the bag, I thought now would be
> a good time as my first official announcement as project leader to talk
> about creating a stable release of KiCad.  As you may have read in
> Javier's post that this stable release would be a light weight release
> in that there would not be bug fix back ports.

mmm this I do not understand. Several other projects I know of have some
kind of backporting of bugs discovered during development in the dev
branch, at least the trivial ones. Git cherry pick command comes handy in
this respect... by the way, why not instead having two different DCSes
converge all to the actively developed (git)?

bye

--

Marco Ciampa

| Linux User  #78271 |