Re: 3d models in .pretty repositories?

On 9/22/2014 5:37 PM, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
>> ________________________________

I do not support the idea of saving models in pretty libraries.  I also
reject the idea of using PCB_IO for loading 3D models.  I do support the
idea of abstracting out any useful low level code from the IO_MGR object
to create an I/O architecture for 3D models or any other place where it
makes sense.  3D model I/O and footprint library I/O are not
interchangeable and I do not want the 3D I/O polluting the footprint I/O
code.  I know that Tom has proposed a plug in model that may serve this
purpose as well.  I don't know if he has made any progress on this front.

At some point the IO_MGR concept will be used for schematics and
component libraries.  I believe I added this development road map