KiCad Launcher & File Types

Hi all,

I had a look at the icon issue on OSX that Andy mentioned below.
Behavior is to be expected as described, because for the single KiCad application bundle only the .pro extension/icon is registered.
So, I added pcbnew extensions/icons to test.

If I now drag/drop a .kicad_pcb file to the bundle the launcher starts, but obviously it tries to read the .kicad_pcb file as a project (.pro) file… which of course gives many errors.
It seems as it doesn't even try to fire up pcbnew with that file.

Is the KiCad launcher supposed to also directly open other files than it’s own .pro files?
If yes, does this work on other platforms?

Regards,
Bernhard