Re: Possible 4.6 gerber issue?

Le 17/10/2014 03:09, Mitch Davis a écrit :
> Hi JP,
>
> (I'm Mr. Hackvana)
>

> I have spoken with the factory, and they have CAM350 and Genesis2000.
>
> If a package doesn't complain, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a
> valid file, it means that the viewer is sufficiently tolerant of that
> gerber file.  (As a side-project, I've been hacking on gerbmerge to
> improve its ability to accept malformed gerber files, rather than
> complain about them, where complain == crash)

I agree, I already saw that ...
But this is not one package, but 2 (GCprevue and Gerbv).
Moreover files coming from Kicad were checked by Ucamco (with an other
tool).

Most of time, issues with arcs are more to plot arcs with the right
center, right starting (or ending) point but not the right angle (i.e.
not the right ending (or starting) point)
When plotting circles, this kind of issue does not modify the circle.

This is not the case here.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find what could be wrong in arcs, in
Gerber file.
What I see in Kicad Gerber files looks *exactly* like examples in the
Gerber File Format Documentation.

To plot arcs, and therefore circles, Kicad uses the Gerber "multi
quadrant mode" (G75 command) (At least recent versions).

Could it be an issue for CAM350 and Genesis2000 ?

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS