kicad-install.sh requiring python-wxgtk3.0

so i'm trying to install kicad on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04, which is this years' long-term support version of Ubuntu.

it should be easy right?

but immediately, the kicad-install.sh script says
E: Unable to locate package python-wxgtk3.0
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'python-wxgtk3.0'

i looked into it and i see that python-wxgtk3.0 is only available for bleeding-edge installs of Ubuntu 14.10 which only just now came out.

this is very frustrating and basically means that anyone not running literally the latest system software can't install kicad. Is this really necessary? I have python-wxgtk2.8 available to me, is that not sufficient?

I am not an expert with aptitude and sources, and i have no idea how to get python-wxgtk3.0 onto my system, so i just installed python-wxgtk2.8
and i took out that line from kicad-install.sh and i'm trying again.

but if possible, i think it would be ideal if this requirement were taken out. I can't in good conscience keep telling people that they should switch to kicad if i can't even figure out how to install it myself.

apologies if i'm missing something basic, or if my tone is frustrated.

thank you,
-jake

Follow ups