Re: Incremental build speeds.

On 22/10/2014 15:33, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
On 22 October 2014 14:16, Benoît Roehr <benoit.roehr.ec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It takes about 20 seconds for me.

Ubuntu 14.04
i7 @ 2.2GHz

I've read somewhere linux is better for compiling because of something
called pipelining. It is present on linux (or better implemented) but not on
windows.

The compilers turn source code into pre-processed source code, then
into assembler which is then assembled to get the object code. This
used to use a temporary file at each intermediary stage, however these
days I'm sure the -pipe option is enabled on all platforms for gcc and
uses pipes instead of temporary files.

So I don't think that's any longer a difference between Windows and Linux.
Okay thanks for the info ;)

Best Regards,

Brian.