problems running kicad-install.sh

Hi everybody,

I am installing kicad on another ubuntu 14.04 machine, just by running a fresh download of kicad-install.sh, and i found a problem that hopefully can be easily corrected.

the problem was that during my install, for some reason it failed during step 4) checking out the schematic parts and 3D library repo.
with
bzr: ERROR: No such file: 'http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-product-committers/kicad/library/.bzr/repository/pack-names'

okay, maybe that's what happens when there's a network error, or whatever caused that. it quit the script. So i ran it again
kicad-install.sh --install-or-update

and after
step 4) checking out the schematic parts and 3D library repo.
it would every time die with
bzr: ERROR: No WorkingTree exists for "file:///home/sudoroom/kicad_sources/kicad-lib.bzr/.bzr/checkout/".

i was very frustrated and was about to write to this list, but i decided to dig a bit deeper and try to solve it myself, which I did. I saw that the script, on line 273 says
  if [ ! -d "$WORKING_TREES/kicad-lib.bzr" ]; then
to see if that directory exists, and if it does, then it does "bzr up" and that's it. of course when i ran "bzr up" in that directory i got the same error message.

well for whatever reason i had nothing in that directory at all but .bzr and maybe that didn't have what it needed in it, so i was getting that error.

So i deleted the folder entirely with rm -rf ~/kicad_sources/kicad-lib.bzr/

and when i ran the script again, now it seems to be working.

i don't know anything about how bzr works, i am just competent with git, so hopefully some bash scripting and bzr experts can think of a way to restructure the install script to more consistently deal with incomplete installations. I think that a less intrepid user than me (imagine!) would either have to delete all of ~/kicad_sources and start over, or give up entirely.

please let me know if i should post this problem in the bugtracker or something else to make it easier to deal with, or if i have done it right.

thank you
-jake

Follow ups