Re: Website update help.

> On 10/11/2014 8:02 PM, Mark Roszko wrote:
>>> The reason I would like to do this is in
>>> the not too distant future, I am going to convert all of our compiling
>>> documents and the coding policy into markdown
>>
>> Any interest in doing this via Jekyll? It's basically meant to do
>> markdown to HTML and one of the benefits is you can then get an
>> kicad.github.io domain and display a website using a git repository.
>> Github will automatically render using Jekyll on their end if setup
>> right so you can style your markdown docs but render like a full
>> website :)
>>

> Sorry about the confusion.  This is the documentation embedded in the
> KiCad source files that is parsed by Doxygen and html files are
> generated.  Doxygen also supports a limited subset of markdown which is
> useful for simple documentation such as build instructions.  I also
> created the developer's road map in markdown which gets built in to the
> full developer's documentation.  The goal is to eventually convert all
> of the plain text build instructions and any other relevant plain text
> documentation into markdown and include so we have single source for all
> of the developer's documentation.

As mentioned in some earlier mail:
I was allowed by Ajo to play around on the Jenkins build server [1] to
add automatic building of the doxygen documatation for the purpose of
having it online and always up to date. I have dumped the links to
theese three documentaions, the doxygen-docs, dev-docs and
doxygen-python make targets on [2] under the "Developer documentation"
section. That is probably not the best place to put them, but none the
less where they are linked right now. I talked with Ajo about copying
them to somewhere on dev.kicad-pcb.org to get a shorter and easier to
remember URL. I am not sure of the best way to handle this.

This is at least a start. But when you say "KiCad for developers"
section, what do you specifically refer to? Is it [3]?

I would like to help with the task of integrating it.

Regards
Nick Østergaard

[1] http://ci.kicad-pcb.org/
[2] http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/KICAD/KiCad+Documentation