Re: OSX: opening PCBNew standalone

Hi,

yes, it should work with all “standalone” apps (at least, it does for me).
The top-level apps are just links to the real app bundles sitting inside the main bundle (kicad.app/Contents/Applications/pcbnew.app).

It is implemented in a way that it loads the kiface-dsos always relative to the main bundle, but that seems to fail… the path “/Volumes/Contents/PlugIns” doesn’t look right.

This:
> '/Volumes/Kicad/Kicad/pcbnew.app/Contents/MacOS/pcbnew’
looks like you tried running pcbnew from the build folder?
That won’t work.

You *must* do a “make install” and use that binaries/links (also, all the bundling/relocatong of libs is only done on the binaries created during install)…

Regards,
Bernhard