Re: eeschema drawing behavior?

> Hi all,
>
> I am reworking the WX_OVERLAY stuff for OS X in eeschema to (hopefully) get rid off the annoying redraw artifacts.
> Looks quite good now, but I stumbled over some different/inconsistent behaviors and I don’t know if these are due to my changes or it is everywhere the same.
>
> Maybe some Linux/Windows users can give me feedback about that ones…
>
> (1) eeschema: Move vs. Grab a part:
> When I do a “move" the part is drawn normal (in color), when I do a “grab” the part and everything connected is drawn black.

I see this on linux

> (2a) eeschema: Block Move:
> When doing a block move everything of the block is drawn in black, similar to “grab" from (1) but different to normal “move”.

And this, the wires and the symbol is black here.

> (2b) eeschema: Block Move:
> When doing a block move original content is still shown (in color), additionally I have the black instance following my mouse.

Ehh, what is the difference between (2a) and (2b)? Seems like two
formulations of the same thing.

> (3) Library Editor: Move:
> If I “move” a pin then it is really moved, i.e. the original pin is removed, only the moving one following my mouse is visible (in normal color).
> If I “move” a rectangle/text/… (anything else not being a pin?) then the original item is still there additionally to the moving one following my mouse. Looks/Feels more like a “copy” (which it isn’t… if you place it then the original item disappears).
> Similar to (2b), but both instances (original/moving) are in normal color.
>
> Maybe there are some more, those are the ones that I found quite easy just playing around a bit…

I think I am seeing the behaivour you describe there. But when U move
the text in the library editor, it seems to me like the artifact text
is what is kind of missing form the thing actually moved, see the
attached screenshot. Note the 74LS03 text that I moved down.

Nick