Re: eeschema drawing behavior?

>> (2a) eeschema: Block Move:
>> When doing a block move everything of the block is drawn in black, similar to “grab" from (1) but different to normal “move”.
>
> And this, the wires and the symbol is black here.
>
>> (2b) eeschema: Block Move:
>> When doing a block move original content is still shown (in color), additionally I have the black instance following my mouse.
>
> Ehh, what is the difference between (2a) and (2b)? Seems like two
> formulations of the same thing.

(2a) was meant to be about the color only, whereas (2b) is that the original item is not removed during the move.
But yes, same use-case… :)

>> (3) Library Editor: Move:
>> If I “move” a pin then it is really moved, i.e. the original pin is removed, only the moving one following my mouse is visible (in normal color).
>> If I “move” a rectangle/text/… (anything else not being a pin?) then the original item is still there additionally to the moving one following my mouse. Looks/Feels more like a “copy” (which it isn’t… if you place it then the original item disappears).
>> Similar to (2b), but both instances (original/moving) are in normal color.
>>
>> Maybe there are some more, those are the ones that I found quite easy just playing around a bit…
>
> I think I am seeing the behaivour you describe there. But when U move
> the text in the library editor, it seems to me like the artifact text
> is what is kind of missing form the thing actually moved, see the
> attached screenshot. Note the 74LS03 text that I moved down.

Yes, I guess so… although I don’t see artifacts like you. But, I think this is due to wxWidgets on Linux using XOR to draw/erase which OSX doesn’t support. What you see could probably be some artifacts of XORing - on OSX always the complete old item was drawn.

Thanks, at least it seems that I didn’t brake “normal” behavior… I was not quite sure about changes in some spots that could have caused such “inconsistent” behavior.

Regards,
Bernhard