Re: Getting path of the executable

Hi Garth,

I agree 100%.  I can create a path to the included bundled help PDFs with a
relative path from the currently running executable.

If I was assuming they would be at /Applications/Kicad/Kicad.app I wouldn't
have to ask the program where it was running--I would just hardcode that :)

This is definitely the whole point of bundling everything together--but
both the Windows and Linux installs appear to put the help files in a known
location, rather than in a relocatable bundle along with the executables
like we're doing on OS X, so it wasn't as easy as just adding a third
location to the file.

Furthermore, I think I found a function call to get the path of the
currently running executable.  As soon as I get it working I'll send a
patch to the list.

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer
W&L