Re: OS X Help Search Path patch

I agree with Bernhard here.  Putting this at the same level as the kicad.app bundle presumes that everyone will install the entire Kicad directory from the dmg.  I, for one, simply install the kicad.app bundle directly in /Applications.

All the work that Bernhard did was aimed, I thought, at making it possible to migrate from the old way of installing a directory full of application bundles, to a drag and drop install of a single app-bundle.  The sub-applications in the Kicad directory are symlinks and are entirely optional.  For those that chose to launch them from the kicad launcher, the kicad.app bundle is entirely standalone and relocatable.  Making it rely on something being next to it changes that, even if it isn’t essential for the application to run.

I’ll second Bernhard’s suggestion that they should go into the application bundle or, if their size is prohibitive, into a known location that is already used for support files such as /Library/Application Support.

Garth