Re: Will the opening of Eagle xml based pcb files ever be possible again?

EAGLE 7 made changes to their XML specification. Schematics can now be
broken up into "modules"  which are basically blocks ala hierarchical
designs in other CAD software. I don't think
the parser for KiCAD can handle circuits being nested into a <module>
right now.

Sigh, the code is going to be horrible to read mixing Eagle modules
and KiCAD modules once implemented given they are entirely different.

Other than that I don't see why KiCAD can't open more "basic" Eagle
files from 7. Though there were some attributes added to other
elements.