Re: Will the opening of Eagle xml based pcb files ever be possible again?

Although I didn't write the Eagle XML plugin, my guess is that it will
ignore schematic elements because only the board and footprint elements
are (were) loaded into Pcbnew.  The Eagle schematic loading has not been
implemented AFAIK and most likely wont happen any time soon unless
someone has time to completely rewrite the Eeschema IO code to provide
the same plugin functionality in Pcbnew.  This code depends on the new
file and library file formats being implemented which depends on the
base schematic object code being fixed.  As you can see, it's not a
trivial task.  I plan on starting the base schematic object code fixing
after the next stable release so that won't happen until the middle of
next year at the earliest.