Re: Trapezoidal pads and planes.

> On 11/29/2014 8:01 AM, jp charras wrote:
>> Le 26/11/2014 17:18, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>>> I just discovered something I never noticed before.  Trapezoidal SMD
>>> pads are not connected to zone files (see attached screen shot).  The
>>> zone fill also does not follow the contour of the pad outline.  Is this
>>> by design or should I file a bug report?
>>>

>> Wayne,
>>
>> Could you test trapezoidal pads in zones, in rev 5307.
>> Thanks.
>>

> JP,
>
> I just finished testing it on the prototype board I was working on and
> it works beautifully.  Thanks a lot for adding the nice (for me anyway)
> feature.  I wont be able to test the gerber output since I am etching
> these boards by hand but other than that it looks great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wayne

I also tested this on Fedora 20, it seems to work as expected. Except
for the gerbview that renders it pretty strangely.  I have attached
the gerbers and some screenshots (if they get throught the mail
filter). It definitely seems like there is some issues with
calculating the polygonal fill. The kicad_pcb file is not in the tar,
since pcbnew failed to save it. I forgot to save the error message.
But I am sure these issues are meant to be solved in another thread
than this.

Kicad does indeed really has a lot of issues on Fedora 20 (we have
also seen that in other email threads here). If a dev gets the urge, I
would highly recommend him to try installing kicad on that.

I have run it with the default graphics driver with fedora. So I am
not sure what it really used, but I tested this on the same machine
that I usually run kicad on with archlinux.

Version: (2014-11-29 BZR 5307)-product Release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.2 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC
4.8.3,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Linux 3.17.3-200.fc20.x86_64 x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Boost version: 1.54.0
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=OFF
         USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
         BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON

Issues are:
1. Default renderer in pcbnew is not really rendering anything.
2. Rendering in eeschema is very slow, the grid dots are not dots when
zoomed in very close.
3. pcbnew failed to save a pcb
4. There are rendering artifacts or something regarding to the fill
when viewed in the 3D viewer.

But I will now try to reboot and check if some of the fill issues
appear on my normal system.

Nick Østergaard