Re: OS X Question

Hah, 10.6 support was pretty much accidental.  In fact, I also think 10.7 ought to be the oldest 'official' supported version, but thats just my personal opinion, FWIW.

Resolving those issues preventing 10.6 support was a side effect, not the goal.  The main purpose was some minor changes to some cmake files regarding boost and python. Apple has deprecated linking to the Python framework and has removed the Python.framework entirely from the OS X 10.9+ SDKs.  Programs that have python scriptability are now required to embed their own python framework and interpreter in the .app bundle, or link to the 10.8 or earlier OS X SDK, as per https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2328/_index.html <https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2328/_index.html>

wxPython completely ignores all of this and happily links to the System framework, which works great as long as you don't plan on using that binary on other versions of OS X :). I couldn't get it to work with 10.7, only to 10.8, as it is now, despite 10.10's python being 'gcc 4.2.1 compatible'.

 wxPython ought to check the cflags and set the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable, which will make the build fail hard (as intended, the System's python framework checks for this specifically). If it isn't set though, it will set it to the current system's version.  Which is what happens now, regardless of our desired os x build version. Er, its kind of a mess, and snowballs into some stdlibc++ vs. libc++ awfulness but I digress. Thats what I've been working on and address in the branch.  I tried 10.6 for the heck of it as the official redistributable python framework supported 10.6+, and it seemed to work without issue.

Anyway, I should have that branch up sometime today.
—
The Electropimp - Collin Anderson
metacollin@xxxxxxxxxxxx