Re: adjust copyright date to 2015?

On 7 January 2015 at 20:03, Cirilo Bernardo <cirilo.bernardo@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Do not replace the older dates with a newer date. Instead, as files are
modified
> (and only as they're modified), add '2015'.  So "Copyright 2014 Mr. X"
would
> become "Copyright 2014-2015 Mr. X".  Book publishers do something similar
> with their "1st ed. Copyright, 2nd ed. Copyright" etc. You don't want to
erase
> your history by saying only 'Copyright 2015'. There is really no point in
adding
> 2015 unless a file has genuinely been altered though; at least in the
USA, UK,
> and Australia the copyright is valid from date of writing to copyright
holder's
> death + some large number of years (150 in the USA thanks to the Mickey
> Mouse Bill).

And its easy enough to find out which files have been worked on this year
from git:

$ TZ=UTC git whatchanged --date=local --since "1/1/2015" --name-only
--oneline --pretty=format: | sort -u

I dare say there's a bazaar equivalent. In case anybody is interested I've
put a copy of the changed files as of the time of writing up at
http://pastebin.com/7eM93EXw -- note that deleting a file counts as a
modification and so removed files will appear in the list.

>From here it should be possible to write a script which opens each file,
looks for a copyright header at the top and checks to see if 2015 appears
in it. Bit late in the day for me to have a crack at that now though...

-- Blair