Re: Some schematics library structure ideas

Hi,

I’m the one that report a bug about default CP in Github yesterday.  (https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/issues/97 <https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/issues/97>).

I think your idea is great.

> 1. A common schematic:

It can be a base symbol witch contains the schematic and pin name.

And extra info by « footprint » who relied footprint pin number to the pin name. Also, a pin name should be able to have several pin number.

> 2. Different images of the same schematic component.

Kicad can have a sort of « gettext » for standard symbol and an American user will get a US symbol and a European an IEC symbol each time he selects, for example, a resistance.

Maybe this info can be a « per user » settings and not stored in .pro or .sch file.

> 3. To store pin number of component in additional field.

This can be an info in the « by footprint » part.

Example of additional info for a Maxim DS18B20 with 3 connected pin :  Vdd, DQ and GND

For the TO-92 case :
	Vdd = 3
	DQ = 2
	GND = 1
	footprint-number-of-pins = 3
	recommanded-footprint: TO-92

For the μSOP:
	VDD = 8
	DQ = 1
	GND = 4
	footprint-number-of-pins = 8
	recommanded-footprint: MSOP-8

For the SO case:
	VDD = 3
	DQ = 4
	GND = 5
	footprint-number-of-pins = 8
	recommanded-footprint: SO-8
 Note: User don’t select this in Eeschema, but in Cvpcb.

Samuel Dolt